Welcome to your weekly EIS Bulletin!
We appreciate how busy your inbox can become, so EIS will only send out Support & News messages every Thursday.
If there is something critical that our customers need to know immediately, we will of course send a message straightaway –
that way you will know the EIS email needs urgent action.
Below we have summarised what is new this week… if you have any queries, please get in touch!
View all EIS Support Information on our Support Portal
Available to Contract Customers only – please contact EIS to discuss our support services
- SIMS Spring 2020 Release – Information Notice (20-E005)
- SIMS Discover Spring 2020 Release – Information Notice (20-E006)
- Bulk Processing Y Codes for Individual Students in SIMS Attendance – Information Notice (20-E017)
- Managing Staff Absence for Sickness or Self-Isolation due to Coronavirus – Information Notice (20-E016)
- National Insurance Table Update for 2020/21 – Information Notice (20-E015)
- School Closures due to the Corona Virus (Covid-19) Outbreak
If a school is forced to close under exceptional circumstances, the Y code should be used in SIMS Attendance to indicate student absence as directed by the DfE guidance. Please refer to the document on the Support Portal for instructions on how to manage Y codes in SIMS. For advice on which attendance codes to use for individual student absences as a result of the outbreak, please consult your attendance advisory team.
If you would like to apply the Y code to individual students in bulk using a user defined group such as Covid-19, please consult Information Notice 20-E017 Bulk Processing Y Codes for Individual Students in SIMS Attendance.
Note that Y code will only overwrite missing marks (–), present marks (/ \), late marks (L U), O code and N code.
Training & Events
View all EIS Training Courses on http://www.kentcpdonline.org.uk/
S316 SIMS User Forum – Focus on Recording Behaviour in SIMS – FREE for Customers with an EIS Contract
An opportunity to learn how to:
- Utilise the Behaviour module (free element of Core SIMS) to record positive and negative behaviour within the school
- Setup Behaviour and Achievement Types, Detentions and Report Cards
- Simple steps to record a Behaviour/Achievement incident from the class register
- Using Report Cards to monitor vulnerable pupils
- Running Behaviour/Achievement reports
Please book your place online at CPD Online for the above event.
Hot Off The Press!
SIMS Spring 2020 Upgrade for SIMS Hosting Customers
Following the release of the SIMS Spring 2020 upgrade – EIS SIMS Hosting customers should be aware that EIS will be upgrading the EIS Hosting Service between 17:00 on Friday 27th March and 06:00 on Monday 30th March 2020.
This means you will not be able to access the entire EIS Hosting Service during this time including, SIMS/ Discover or FMS and your Hosted files and documents.
The SIMS Discover Spring 2020 release will also be carried out during the same weekend to ensure the versions compatibility.
IMPORTANT NOTE: – Hosted schools will have to Import the latest version reports on Monday 30th March, there is Information Notice 18-E031 which can be followed in order to complete this. This process is no longer completed as part of the EIS Hosting Service upgrade.
If you have any queries or questions, please contact EIS on 0300 065 8888 or email email@example.com
For further information and to get in touch: