Welcome to your weekly EIS Bulletin!
We appreciate how busy your inbox can become, so EIS will only send out Support & News messages every Thursday.
If there is something critical that our customers need to know immediately, we will of course send a message straightaway –
that way you will know the EIS email needs urgent action.
Below we have summarised what is new this week… if you have any queries, please get in touch!
View all EIS Support Information on our Support Portal
Available to Contract Customers only – please contact EIS to discuss our support services
Cantium ServiceNow School Portal
The School Portal keeps you up to date with all the latest Cantium news for schools and will bring lots of benefits to your school, including:
- Chat: Enables you to chat with one of our Service Desk analysts to quickly resolve your issue
- Log Requests: New e-forms will allow you to quickly log incidents and requests directly to the team that can help
- My Tickets: Allows viewing of all your tickets and to provide updates directly from the portal
- Outages: Can find up to date information on any issues with the systems your school uses
- Knowledge Base: Browse and search for knowledge articles relating to ICT, HR and Payroll, for services your school purchases from Cantium
- News: Displays our most recent news articles and lets you view all previous news articles
- Feedback: Enables you to provide feedback or make suggestions about the service you receive from Cantium
We shall be in touch with you by email when the portal is being made available to your school.
Once you are able to access the portal, to avoid delays with your call, you can fill out one of the e-forms available. This will mean your call will go directly to the relevant team. Our advice therefore is that, once you have access to the new portal, please make use of these e-forms each time you log a request.
Please also note where documents reference any related articles/documents there will be two links listed – the first link will be to the KB article on the new Cantium ServiceNow Schools Portal Knowledge Base and the second will be to the same article but on the KLZ Support Portal.
SIMS School Census Autumn 2020 (including Post-16)
Please be advised that fileset 1605 has been released to us and is now available to download from our support portal- https://support.eisit.uk/info-notice/latest-fileset-for-census-returns/
The latest Fileset 1605 is now available to download from the Fileset page on the KLZ Support Portal
All schools should import Fileset 1605, then run Create and Validate again, before submitting their final return.
Further information for the upcoming school census on Thursday 1 October can be found on the School Census page on the KLZ Support Portal.
Capita release updated Filesets periodically that contain the latest DfE Validation files and the DfE Summary Report. Sometimes several versions of the Fileset are issued during the census preparation period therefore it is important that schools check the KLZ Support Portal on a regular basis for updates and, in particular, just before running Create and Validate for the last time.
For any issues regarding the school census please check on the relevant support portal for guidance, particularly consulting Known Issues and FAQs. The Known Issues document contains updates on outstanding issues, for example, where patches will need to be applied to resolve the problem.
Note: the Capita guides to Producing the School Census for all school types are now available to download from the support portals, along with a recording of the recent School Census Webinar on 15 September 20.
- KB0012544 Incorrect School Census Leavers Basic Detail Report – Consolidated Patch 2 (26069)
- KB0012544 Incorrect School Census Leavers Basic Detail Report – Consolidated Patch 2 (26069) – KLZ portal
- KB0012570 School Census Consolidated Patch 4 (26089)
- KB0012570 School Census Consolidated Patch 4 (26089) – KLZ Portal
School Workforce Census (Thursday 5 November 20)
The School Workforce Census Button on the Portal has been updated to include the School Workforce Census Guide 2020 Guide for Schools Including Academies Within a Multi Academy Trust
- KB0012404 School Workforce Census and Curriculum Information
- KB0012404 School Workforce Census and Curriculum Information – KLZ Portal
- KB0012403 Preparing for the School Workforce Census
- KB0012403 Preparing for the School Workforce Census – KLZ Portal
- KB0012464 School Workforce Census – Guide to Completing the 2020 Return
- KB0012464 School Workforce Census – Guide to Completing the 2020 Return – KLZ Portal
- KB0012541 Known Issues for School Workforce Census 2020
- KB0012541 Known Issues for School Workforce Census 2020 – KLZ Portal
- KB0012530 School Workforce Census Annual Report – 2020
- KB0012530 School Workforce Census Annual Report – 2020 – KLZ Portal
Training & Events
View all EIS Training Courses on http://www.kentcpdonline.org.uk/
- W001 Course Manager – Monday 2 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W007 SIMS – The Basics – Part 1 – Tuesday 3 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W008 SIMS – The Basics – Part 2 – Tuesday 10 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W031 SEN – Adding Students to the Register – Tuesday 10 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W002 – Managing Timetables – Friday 13 November 2020 (15.00 – 16.00)
Cantium- EIS have put together a wide range of webinars for schools to access. The programme can be found at- https://support.eisit.uk/info-notice/sims-training-courses-webinars/
These webinars can be booked through Kent CPD online. Go to https://cpdschools.theeducationpeople.org/cpd/default.asp and search for the webinar number.
This programme is in response to feedback from schools that they would like remote sessions for training for a number of varied reasons. We have therefore put this comprehensive package together so that staff can access the webinars from home, school or offices as long as they are connected to the internet.
For further information and to get in touch: