Welcome to your weekly EIS Bulletin!
We appreciate how busy your inbox can become, so EIS will only send out Support & News messages every Thursday.
If there is something critical that our customers need to know immediately, we will of course send a message straightaway –
that way you will know the EIS email needs urgent action.
Below we have summarised what is new this week… if you have any queries, please get in touch!
View all EIS Support Information on our Support Portal
Available to Contract Customers only – please contact EIS to discuss our support services
The School Census Button is now live: Please see the following:
This is a reminder from last week’s Bulletin…………
The End of Year Button is now live: Please see the following:
- SIMS Dinner Money: End of Year Procedures for 2019/20 – Information Notice (19-E020)
- SIMS End of Year Procedures: Pastoral Processes – Information Notice (19-E021)
- SIMS End of Year Procedures: Academic/Curriculum Processes – Information Notice (19-E025)
- SIMS Spring 2019 Release + Patch 24836 – Information Notice (19-E022)
- SIMS Discover Spring 2019 Release – Information Notice (19-E023)
- Making Tax Digital for SIMS Finance and FMS 6 Users – Information Notice (19-E024)
- Spring 2019 Bulk Student Delete – Information Notice (19-E026)
Hot Off The Press!
SIMS Spring Release 2019 for EIS SIMS Hosting Customers
This is a reminder that following the release of the SIMS Spring 2019 upgrade – EIS SIMS Hosting customers should be aware that EIS will be upgrading the EIS Hosting Service between 17:00 on Friday 26th April and 06:00 on Monday 29th April 2019.
This means you will not be able to access SIMS/ Discover or FMS during this time.
The SIMS Discover Spring 2019 release will also be carried out during the same weekend to ensure the versions compatibility.
IMPORTANT NOTE:- Hosted schools will have to Import the latest version reports on Monday 29th April, there is Information Notice 18-E031 which can be followed in order to complete this. This process is no longer completed as part of the EIS Hosting Service upgrade.
If you have any queries or questions, please contact EIS on 0300 065 8888 or email email@example.com
Capita Accreditation Survey
Schools that have SIMS support contracts with EIS will shortly be receiving an email from Capita about the accreditation survey. We have sent out a communication email to schools explaining what this is and a support document to help you complete the survey. The survey opens on 29th April until 17th May. Details are on the EIS Website
We would really appreciate schools filling this survey out for us so that we can review our service and see where we can build on positive experiences and make improvement if needed. There is also the chance to win a 7” tablet for the school.
SIMS User Forum Date and Agenda
The next user forum will be on Wednesday 22 May 2019, 9.30am -12.30pm at the Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel in Pembury.
The agenda will focus on data analysis and how SIMS can help with particular areas such as attendance and assessment. We will be looking specifically at;
- The use of Power BI (which is a Microsoft product that analyses data and can produce dashboards for items like attendance)
- Interventions and how this can be used to report on items such as sports premium funding, or exam intervention sessions
- Assessment analysis (this is being delivered by Jeanette Hall who is a Capita Success Manager)
This could be of interest to people in schools who undertake roles such as Data Manager, Attendance Officer or Assessment Co-ordinators, however all customers are welcome to come along and join us.
There are still places available and you can secure your free place by visiting www.kentcpdonline.org.uk Ref code S316.
For further information and to get in touch:
If you do not wish to receive the EIS Weekly Bulletin, please reply to this email, using the word Unsubscribe in the subject heading.