Welcome to your weekly EIS Bulletin!
We appreciate how busy your inbox can become, so EIS will only send out Support & News messages every Thursday.
If there is something critical that our customers need to know immediately, we will of course send a message straightaway –
that way you will know the EIS email needs urgent action.
Below we have summarised what is new this week… if you have any queries, please get in touch!
View all EIS Support Information on our Support Portal
Available to Contract Customers only – please contact EIS to discuss our support services
Cantium ServiceNow School Portal
On Friday 18 December, following the successful implementation of the ServiceNow Schools IT Portal for Schools, the EIS Support Portal at https://support.eisit.uk will be switched off
All users should access the ServiceNow IT portal for Schools from that date.
If you are having any problems accessing the new portal with the login credentials previously provided by email, please contact the Service Desk
From 1st November the following were made available on the ServiceNow IT Portal for schools:
- Notices – Sims Information, Information Notices, End of Year Information
- School Census pages
By the Friday 18 December the following will also be available on the ServiceNow IT Portal for Schools:
- Weekly Bulletin – weekly emails will be sent to schools containing a link to the Weekly Bulletin
- Newsletters – an email will be sent to schools containing a link to Newsletters
- Announcements – will appear as a banner or a featured new article
All incidents and requests must be logged via one of the following methods:
- ServiceNow Portal
- Chat function in ServiceNow to chat live with one of our dedicated Service Desk team members
- Alternatively, call the Service Desk on 03000 658888
Please note where documents reference any related articles/documents there may be two links listed – the first link will be to the KB article on the new Cantium ServiceNow Schools Portal Knowledge Base and the second will be to the same article but on the KLZ Support Portal. However, as all schools now have access to our ServiceNow portal, going forward we will only be adding/updating SIMS knowledge base articles in ServiceNow and will not be replicating them on the KLZ support portal. Therefore any SIMS documentation currently on the KLZ support portal will remain as it is but will not be updated.
How To Setup The SIMS Phonics Return: November – December 2020
Following on from the DfE’s decision to cancel all Key Stage Assessments and Returns in the Spring/Summer of 2020. The Year 1 Phonics Return will be taking place shortly over November/December 2020.
This knowledge base article will explain how to import and setup the Phonics Year Assessment Wizard for your Year 2 Pupils.
- KB0012583 How To Setup The SIMS Phonics Return: November – December 2020
- KB0012583 How To Setup The SIMS Phonics Return: November – December 2020 – KLZ Portal
School Workforce Census (Thursday 5 November 20)
The School Workforce Census Button on the Portal has been updated to include the School Workforce Census Guide 2020 Guide for Schools Including Academies Within a Multi Academy Trust
- KB0012404 School Workforce Census and Curriculum Information
- KB0012404 School Workforce Census and Curriculum Information – KLZ Portal
- KB0012403 Preparing for the School Workforce Census
- KB0012403 Preparing for the School Workforce Census – KLZ Portal
- KB0012464 School Workforce Census – Guide to Completing the 2020 Return
- KB0012464 School Workforce Census – Guide to Completing the 2020 Return – KLZ Portal
- KB0012541 Known Issues for School Workforce Census 2020
- KB0012541 Known Issues for School Workforce Census 2020 – KLZ Portal
- KB0012530 School Workforce Census Annual Report – 2020
- KB0012530 School Workforce Census Annual Report – 2020 – KLZ Portal
Training & Events
View all EIS Training Courses on http://www.kentcpdonline.org.uk/
- W008 SIMS – The Basics – Part 2 – Tuesday 10 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W031 SEN – Adding Students to the Register – Tuesday 10 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W002 – Managing Timetables – Friday 13 November 2020 (15.00 – 16.00)
- W005 Interventions – Wednesday 18 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
- W021 Reporting – Basic Techniques – Thursday 19 November 2020 (11.00 – 12.00)
Cantium- EIS have put together a wide range of webinars for schools to access. The programme can be found at- https://support.eisit.uk/info-notice/sims-training-courses-webinars/
These webinars can be booked through Kent CPD online. Go to https://cpdschools.theeducationpeople.org/cpd/default.asp and search for the webinar number.
This programme is in response to feedback from schools that they would like remote sessions for training for a number of varied reasons. We have therefore put this comprehensive package together so that staff can access the webinars from home, school or offices as long as they are connected to the internet.
For further information and to get in touch: